Week 5: Not a Lot to Say

 I don't have a lot to say for this past week. I've processed upwards of 100 turtles just myself in about 2 weeks and have been eaten alive by mosquitos. We've been working on more woodrat bait traps and put out our second round at 1000 steps. I'm glad we didn't have to go the whole way up, that hike kicked my butt.

Next week we're wrapping up turtles and we'll be camping Wednesday through Friday to do some pollinator work. I am very excited for this!

I've taken a lot of photos, and these are some of my favorites.

Monday night at the Field Station

Nesting snapping turtle

Juvenile wood turtle (left) and adult painted turtle (right)

Baby snapping turtle

View from roughly step 250


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Settled In

Week 4: Turtles Turtles Turtles!